|95% reductions: £19.90 worth of food for 90p!|
- Three punnets of blackberries (perfectly fresh) reduced from £3 per punnet
- Two packs of 12 sausages reduced from £2.10 per packet
- A pack of two mini lemon cheesecakes reduced from £2
- A pack of six Petits Filous reduced from £1.50
- A pack of two baby cabbages reduced from £1.20
- And a pack of beef and pork mince reduced from £2
Should have cost £19.90 - actually cost 90p! A 95% reduction! Incredible!
I'm sure the most ardent of foodies would argue that the meat isn't the best of quality, and ok, it might not be, but I'm here to show that you can cook fresh food for a family on the very smallest of budgets. The beef and pork mince is going to be made into a bolognese sauce tonight for, literally, next to nothing.
And yes, the sausages might not be the best farmhouse quality but I have a soft spot for these particular sausages - a guilty pleasure you might say! My nan used to buy these sausages and they remind me of staying with her in North Wales. I thoroughly enjoyed having them for breakfast this morning and will probably make a sausage stew or hotpot with the others in the freezer at some point.
With a few store cupboard essentials, this shop could feed a family for a couple of days - FOR JUST 90p!
The money I save with shops like this once in a while means I can afford to buy good quality meat from local butchers and more expensive ingredients for special meals. But for now, I'm more than happy with my 10p mince and am off to the kitchen to make tonight's bolognese!
P.S. For the non-believers, here's a copy of the receipt!